Saturday, December 23, 2006

RMDS: Skubic's Top Albums of 2006.

Today, RMDS begins the first installment of our 3-part year end list extravaganza. Our first list comes from part time RMDS contributer, Skubic - and to say the least, I really like his list. Alot. It's bottom loaded with alot of solid alt-country rock that you may have missed this year, so please click on the band's name, and follow the link to check out some tasty, whisky drenched tunes. Alright enjoy, and look forward to Joe's picks in the coming days:

10. Girl Talk - Night Ripper (mp3- Hold Up)

9. Phoenix - It's Never Been Like That

8. I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends

7. Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies (mp3 - Rubies)


6. The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America

5. Lucero - Rebels, Rogues & Sworn Brothers (mp3 - Weight of Guilt)

4. The Head Set - Way Past Used (mp3 - Enemies)

3. Calexico - Garden Ruin

2. The Decemberists - Crane Wife (mp3- The Crane Wife III)

1. The Broken Family Band - Balls (mp3 - I'm Thirsty)

I highly recommend you check out The Broken Family Band (The best country band out of Cambridge!)...The Decemberists have managed to stay high on my list despite Stephen Colbert's attacks on their Literary Indie-Prog Rock-ness...Calexico just feels right for some reason, I think it has something to do with the fact that I eat Mexican at least 6 days a week...The Head Set are a great new band I have already talked up enough...& Lucero are always a good choice, and I already raved about them too.

So there you have it. Balls.

1 Comments:

Blogger ankush said...

nice one

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home