Monday, December 18, 2006

Arcade Fire - "Intervention"

Grr. I was set on putting up my top live shows of 2006 up on the blog today, but my heart really wasn't in it, considering all I've done lately is play Arcade Fire on repeat. I'm not going to post the new song "Intervention" because it's everywhere already, but the hype machine (this link will direct you nicely) should help you unearth both the BBC Radio radio rip, as well as the old KCRW in-studio version. Both are fantastic, in their own respects, I might add.

Anyways, I just wanted to share with you the video of that said KCRW performance way back from 2004. It is a treat and I hadn't seen it posted anywhere so I thought you might like:




Oh, and if that doesn't get you excited about the forthcoming album, then these two tidbits should:

"According to sources, including MOJO magazine, the new album makes use of Pipe Organ, Military Choir, Hurdy Gurdy, a full Hungarian Orchestra amongst others. Win Butler described the album as sounding "like standing by the ocean at night."
-Wikipedia on Neon Bible

"Apparently the small group of people who have heard the album (in highly-secured listening sessions with band officials standing by, mind you) have said it’s fucking amazing (read: better than Funeral)..."

-Derek over at Good Weather For Airstrikes

Well that's about it for today. I'm going to get back to bonerizing over how good "Intervention" is and hopefully I will get my top shows up tomorrow. Sweet. Now go grab yourself some egg nog and enoy that nasty organ in all its epic glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home