Monday, October 16, 2006

The Sad Pop Song Mixtape

Like thousands of other indie hipsters, I love my happy-twee-indie-pop. I listen to it a good chunck of the time as I frolic around my beautiful California college campus. But unfortunately, I am not always in the mood to smile and giggle. You know what I mean right? Ok. Sooo...because of this aforementioned dilemma I decided to make a mix that would more appropriately accompany a sad state of emotion despite the weather still being sunny and the setting being happy. To evoke this specific emotion I decided to take all of the best sad and slow songs from my favorite indie pop groups and toss them into one conveniant mix. I'm not claiming that all of these songs are necessarily the epitome of a sad song, but just that they take a distinct stylistic turn and tempo change from the bands normal recordings which results in a somber tune! On the same note, this mix isn't recommended for rebounding from a broken relationship or anything (you can let these guys do that), but more for those times when you know life is good and sunny but a few little things are still getting ya down. These songs are about wilting flowers, childhood illnesses, and sad helpless animals! You get the point. So hopefully this mixtape will find a niche within your ipod for all those little downer times during the day. Now then, get outta here 'n go dabble in some sorrow with RMDS' first ever mix: The Sad Pop Song Mixtape!

-zip- The Sad Pop Song Mixtape (61mb)

-mp3- Rogue Wave - California
-mp3- Islands - If
-mp3- Ramona Corodva - Heavy On My Head
-mp3- Belle & Sebastian - The Boy Done Wrong Again
-mp3- The Boy Least Likely To - My Tiger My Heart
-mp3- The Format - Snails
-mp3- The Lucksmiths - The Music Next Door
-mp3- Kite Flying Society - Groundflower
-mp3- Page France - The Saddest Ones
-mp3- The Apples In Stereo - What Happened Then
-mp3- I'm From Barcelona - Chicken Pox
-mp3- Voxtrot - Warmest Part Of The Winter
-mp3- Beulah - Emma Blowgun's Last Stand

ps. I even attached some nifty album art to accompany the songs! And also, download the zip file if you want the whole thing and not just specific songs. Enjoy!
pss. If this depresses your indie boy/girl heart too much, you can check out Skatterbrain's Totally Twee Super Summer Mega Mix which is packed with happiness out the wazoo!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say it's still sunny?! Well over here, it's not stopped raining for several weeks!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest you guys start using referral links to make a little bit of money. Research Amazon Associates and you'll see what I mean. There's also referral with songs connected to iTunes, but I'm not sure how to sign up for that.

Good work fellas.

http://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/join

This is how I found you by the way...

Googled: rogue wave eyes mp3
First like went to > http://elbo.ws/artist/Rogue+Wave

There you guys were! Amazing... I'd post you guys on Digg.com, but I don't think you want that kind of exposure.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First link*

...not first like.

Study hard, play harder and have fun doing both.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Love that crying teddy bear. The songs as usual are awesome too. I'd never heard that Lucksmiths song before.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home