Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Reached Down For You

I am a sucker for shoegaze guitar. That is probably exactly what I am going to say when I put Citrus by Asobi Seksu on my top 10 of 2006 list. It's never too early to start formulating these sorts of things.
Asobi Seksu is white boys and an asian girl singer. They are not the YYYs. They could get compared to a lot of bands on the more poppy end of the shoegazing scale. I'm going to go out on a limb here (a limb of the tree of "maybe Joseph doesn't know what he's talking about") but I don't think an album has come along recently with some nice lush pop like this that isn't all hand-clappy or twee or anything like that. I am going to go out on another limb of the same tree and make a Slowdive comparison. Refer to the first sentence of the post. I am digging the ohmygoodness out of this album.
Here are some songs, pay attention to this band, they really deserve it a lot a lot. I am probably a month or two or more late on them, but hey, listen to them again.

-mp3- Asobi Seksu - New Years
-mp3- Asobi Seksu - Thursday
-mp3- Asobi Seksu - Nefi+Girly

Asobi Seksu's Site
CheckTheir Myspace Too!
Buy Citrus at Insound

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home