Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm gonna build an airport, put my name on it


I was reading The Dharma Bums last night, and there was a beautiful passage in which the narrator described his first glimpse of Mt. Hozomeen (obligatory WA bragging) from a fire lookout on Desolation Peak.
I was familiar with Desolation Peak, but not with Mt. Hozomeen. So I google image searched it.
Above is one of the pictures that I liked the best. I hope no one is afraid of mountains or anything.

I really like vocal harmonies in music. They are like mountains on a musical landscape if you will. Or maybe I'm just trying to tie two unrelated thoughts together. It's the latter.
Here are 3 songs, all of which have been favorite songs of mine in the past, all of which come with strong memories attached, and all of which contain killer vocal harmony moments.
You may well have heard one or two or all of these before, but try to listen to them as if you were hearing them for the first time. You may also find this all very corny, if so, I am sorry, I will try to find some really ironic, cynical type music to post soon.
but for now...

-mp3- Ben Folds - Fred Jones pt. 2
-mp3- Denison Witmer - Stations
-mp3- Damien Jurado and Rosie Thomas - Window


have a nicccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeee day everybody. i just got a really nice package in the mail, spirits are high here at RMDS.
bye bye

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred Jones is so sad, but it reminds me of cory because he always plays ben folds

-silas

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you guys on elbows?

2:30 PM  
Blogger peter said...

unfortunately we are not on their site yet.
i submitted our blog to their site over 2 weeks ago and have been trying to figure out why we aren't yet.
hopefully soon.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home